Monday, May 19, 2008

Not-so-secret garden


Every year, for just about one month, the Japanese Garden at the Clingendael estate opens to the public. I posted on it last year, and my neighbor in The Hague beat me to it this year.

For photographers, it's best to go during the week. On the weekends there are so many visitors that it's almost impossible to get a photo that doesn't include people (can you spot them in this photo?). But don't let that stop you ... even when it's crowded, it's a special place.

6 comments:

Ineke said...

Very nice Rich!

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Edenic garden.

Reader Wil said...

That's a great photo. Strangely enough I've never been in this garden, though I often was in Wassenaar on the Deylerweg, where my husband's brother lived. I haven't been in Wassenaar since he died. Do you speak Dutch or are you Dutch?

Kris McCracken said...

It’s hard to know where the water starts and where the plants end with that reflection. Lovely image!

Jilly said...

Wow, that really is a fabulous shot. So many colours, reflections. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful zen garden…