Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More wildlife looking for food...



Driving past the Kralingse Bos in Rotterdam (not meaning to step on Everyday Rotterdam's toes), I couldn't resist stopping to snap the storks on the nesting poles. A woman (on a bike, of course) stopped to look with me while I was taking pictures. In Dutch, she seemed to ask me if the storks had "tweelings" (twins), to which I answered that I didn't know. Just then I realized that she wasn't asking me, she was telling me, because a couple of little stork heads popped up looking for food from their parents. We stood and watched for a while as the baby birds occasionally looked up for food.



The top image is as close as I could get; the 2nd image is highly cropped and zoomed, but you get the idea. Next time I'll be sure to take my telephoto lens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo. I have read about the storks returning to the same nests each year. I like the photo and the background around the storks too.

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice info and some good shots of the Stork.