Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Weather Report


We returned from our travels in France late Sunday, and woke up yesterday to our first "major snow event."

This is the view looking down our sidestreet. It doesn't look like much, but this is the first time this year that snow actually stuck to the ground. There was even a little more on the ground this morning. The lead story in one of the dutch newspapers was "Chaos op de weg!" -- chaos on the roads.

Right now I can hear the groans from our readers back in the midwestern US.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I smiled when I saw your picture and read your narrative and the newspaper headlines. It is almost funny. Not groans. Squeals of delight that you guys get to share in the misery. LOL.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

LOL! THAT'S a major snowstorm? WOW!

Pretty picture!

Lezard said...

888kms of traffic jam in our small Dutch country!! I t was the second-worst day in traffic history! As you show it , it did not look like much snow to provoke such a chaos on the roads...

Destitute Rebel said...

I'm sorry its still snowing, but this is a lovely picture and I personally would love to exchange my hot sweaty weather with your lovely cold spring.