Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Blown in the Wind


Grey, blustery weather here again. The clouds parted on Saturday when we were in Rotterdam, but have gone back to their dull overcast winter norm, with rain and winds forecasted for today. I'm running out of pics, especially from this area!

In the meantime, here's a shot taken at the dunes. This is a windswept area, as you can tell by the direction of the branches on the trees and shrubs. Although the shrubs have red berries on them, I think it looks better in b/w for the "architectural" interest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice photograph. I have seen dunes with trees and grasses growing away from the wind.

I hope you can come over and read about Charley.

Pat said...

What a gorgeous photo! I love it.

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, Pat's Photo-a-Day

b.c. said...

it's excellent in black and white-- it looks quite dramatic...

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! What a beautiful photo!

Bloggin' Momma said...

Oh my goodness, I love your blog. I just stumbled across it when Googling blustery day photos and came across yours. I hope you don't mind I used this picture in my blog (http://mtinsider.blogspot.com), but gave you credit with a link so I hope others come and visit. Keep posting, I would love to see more.